Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wants and Needs…

Have you ever seen “Along Came Polly?” In the movie, Ben Stiller has to decide between two women, his wife that cheated on him on their honeymoon and his girlfriend that wont even commit to calling herself his girlfriend. To help him decide, he makes a list of their good qualities and their bad ones.

I am constantly taking this approach with the things in my life. I’ve even used it to decide between a fiancé and a new boyfriend. As a somewhat free spirited person, I find myself analytical when it comes to decisions. I think it helps to see things in black and white, but even then I usually just do what makes me happy.

What does this have to do with me today? Well I have a certain amount of money I can spend freely, and I’m trying to decide what to do with it. I made a list of material things I both want and need…

Wants:

  • Sony camcorder, so that none of Skylar’s childhood is forgotten. This new video camera has a hard drive, is DVD writeable, and memory stick compatible. Plus it has 60x zoom, not that I’ll ever be that far away from Skylar.
sony

  • New clothes, because maternity clothes don’t make sense after you have a baby and are almost back to pre-pregnancy size. Maybe this is a need?
  • Converse, because my old ones are falling apart, and were stretched to they maximum when my feet were swollen in pregnancy. Plus who doesn’t want Converse?
  • A tan, though it shouldn’t be material, a good tan costs money.

Needs:

  • A $65 haircut, because my hair is in need of help and I feel pretty when I leave Visible Changes.
  • Clothes, again because really it’s a necessity.
  • To pay medical bills, because I didn’t get Medicaid when I was pregnant.

And although you can’t buy it, I need a man…I want him =)mark84

1 comment:

staceykt22 said...

i love the way you think.