Friday, August 14, 2009

Yet another fun Friday…

The day started out with a call to the Medicaid office, my second, in which I again asked them to change the county on her file so that I can enroll her in the Texas Star Program. They wont enroll her until its corrected. The office I was dealing with is in Houston and they are the rudest customer service people I’ve ever dealt with. They couldn’t tell me when it would get processed, or that it was even on someone’s work log. And when I asked if I could have her name, agent number or even a confirmation all I got was a flat “no”. I really just wanted to drive down to their office and punch them in the face. To say I was frustrated is putting it mildly. My mom then decided to call, and actually got someone that said there was an entirely different number to call for changes. And no one could tell me that? My mom got it straightened out and I’m going to try to enroll her Monday, cross your fingers.

Then I made enchiladas for the fam, which actually turned out pretty well. I love Mexican food and Kyle doesn’t, how will this ever work?

I spent the rest of the day playing with the baby, who might I add loves Yo Gabba Gabba. It’s starting to grow on me as well. She’s also starting to crawl now, which is pretty exciting. I sit her down on her butt and she immediately plops over onto her belly to try to get going. She can say a few words too. Her favorite is “hi”. She will repeat it right after you say it. There’s also “mama” she says in desperation or during a fuss fest. And I’m not sure if it counts as a word but she says “baba” which usually turns into “babababababa”. She also explored different textures today when I took her outside to take a few pictures. She found blades of grass, flowers, and the grain of my jeans pretty interesting.

Then we went to Cameron’s Championship baseball game. They won. It’s crazy how competitive everyone is. I started to get that way too. Catching myself yell and scream every now and then. It’s pretty exciting, I never really saw it from a parent’s perspective before, but it’s a pretty good feeling. I can’t wait until Sky is old enough to play sports. And dance ballet of course. I’ll be right there with her.DSC_0134

DSC_0173 (3) DSC_0201 DSC_0225 (2)

DSC_0239 (2) DSC_0138

No comments: